You can make reservations on overdue items easily with AssetSonar. All you have to do is follow a few simple steps to creating reservations against these overdue items at different events.
You can start by clicking on Settings → Company Settings. Enable the ‘Availability of Overdue Items’ by clicking on ‘Items checked out’. By doing so, overdue items will be treated as ‘Available’ by the system and you will be able to add them to the cart regardless of their actual status of the return.
- What does ‘Availability of Overdue Items’ mean?
- Availability Calendar and Overdue Items
- Availability of Bundles with Overdue Items
- Cart Management and Overdue Items
- Filters on Items Listings Page
1. What does ‘Availability of Overdue Items’ mean?
Once you have enabled this setting in AssetSonar, it would mean that you would be able to make reservations for an item that is overdue for check-in after its due date has passed.
This AssetSonar feature allows you to create reservations against overdue items irrespective of whether they have been returned or not. You will be able to use this feature whenever the item availability option or filter shows up.
Let’s dive deeper with the help of an example. Suppose that, previously, when users checked out an item and selected the option ‘Show only available assets for given duration’ while adding relevant items to the cart, AssetSonar showed them the items that were currently available irrespective of their expected checkout duration dates.
Now, with this new feature, those same items’ status will be shown as available once they are past the expected return dates. This way, users can now make reservations against the overdue items.
However, you should keep in mind that this feature is put in action only when you have enabled ‘Availability of Overdue Items’. Furthermore, the items under maintenance have no relation to this setting.
2. Availability Calendar and Overdue Items
The Availability Calendar in AssetSonar shows the status of all items in the system allowing you to strategically plan the utilization of those items. To make the right utilization decisions based on this availability information, you can group and filter this data in various different ways.
This is the most useful for Admins because by using the Availability Calendar, they can stay on top of checkouts and overdue items from the Availability Calendar. Let’s see how you can make use of this setting on the calendar:
- If you haven’t yet enabled this feature and there is no expected check-in date yet, users will view the availability status marked in green, once the item’s expected return date has passed. You can see in the image given below that the HP Spectre Tablet is reserved from 1st to 8th October and therefore, is highlighted as unavailable (red).
In the case of grouped items, if one of the items is reserved during a certain period of time, then see how the availability status shows 1 item that is left after the expected return date.
- When you have not enabled the setting and there is an overdue item, users will no longer be able to see the availability status in the calendar after the item’s expected return date has passed. However, if you have enabled the setting, users will see the availability status in green after the item’s expected return date — irrespective of whether the return date has passed or not.
3. Availability of Bundles with Overdue Items
If you have created a bundle, you can add it to the Cart from Bundle Detail Page → Click the ‘Add to Cart’ button. This way, you can identify the available assets, asset stock, and inventory items from this bundle and add them to your cart. As you would have enabled the ‘Availability of Overdue Items’ feature, here are how your actions would be affected:
An item in a bundle is available for checkout or reservation under the following conditions:
- It is simple ‘Available’.
- The item is checked out but is available within the specified reservation period.
- By enabling the ‘Availability of Overdue Items’ setting, in addition to the expected return date passed and the item is expected to be available within the specified reservation period.
Filter on Bundle Listing Page: You can filter the availability of bundles on the Bundle Listing page. Here, you get the choice of including the overdue assets too.
Once you click on the ‘Include Overdue Assets’ checkbox, all the bundles with available, overdue, and checked-out items will be shown if they are available between the time period that you have chosen.
A complete bundle is considered available when all of its associated items meet the above item availability conditions.
4. Cart management and Overdue Items
The Cart Module in AssetSonar enables you to stay on top of your jobs and events, hence simplifying IT asset management processes.
You can mark jobs and events on your calendar, make lists of required equipment and inventory and collaborate within teams. Here is how this feature works for the Cart Module when adding items to a cart.
While the setting is enabled, and you have checked the ‘Show only available assets for a given duration’ option, then you would be able to view all the available and checked-out items within the specified date range in results. It would show both overdue items and items due return at a later date.
On the other hand, if the setting is disabled and you have checked on the ‘Show only available assets for given duration’ checkbox, then under the ‘Add Items’ field, you will not see any overdue items.
Only items that are expected to be available within the defined date range would be displayed.
5. Filters on Items Listings Page
You can filter the availability of items on the Items Listing page. AssetSonar gives you the choice to include the overdue assets as well.
– With the ‘Include overdue assets’ option checked, all the available, overdue, and checked-out items will be shown if they are available between the selected availability range. However, it doesn’t have any impact on items under maintenance.