Last updated: July 2023
EZ Web Enterprises, Inc. doing business as EZO (“we”, “us”, “our”) owns and operates https://ezo.io/ (“the Website”) and and the Software-as-a-Service Products listed on the Website namely EZOfficeInventory, EZO AssetSonar, EZO CMMS and EZRentOut (collectively referred to as “EZO Products”).
2. SOME DEFINITIONS
• “Authorized User” shall refer to the person authorized by Customer to access the Customer’s account in our Service.
• “Affiliate” shall refer to an entity under our common control or ownership.
• “CCPA” means the California Consumer Privacy Act, as amended.
• “Customer” means the user who registers an account to use our Service for a free trial period or for a paid subscription period.
• “EZO Products” means EZOfficeInventory, EZO AssetSonar, EZO CMMS, and EZRentOut as listed on our Website.
• “GDPR” means the EU General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679.
• “Personal Information” refers to any data or information which relates to an identified or identifiable natural person and is subject to applicable data protection laws including GDPR, UK GDRR, or CCPA.
• “Service” means an EZO Product that you use, or intend to use.
• “UK GDPR” means the GDPR as it forms part of the laws of England and Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland by virtue of section 3 of the European Union (Withdrawal) Act 2018.
• “Visitors” mean individuals who visit our Website or request to contact us via online webforms.
4. WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT AND HOW WE COLLECT IT
Information that you provide us directly
When you express interest in our Service or communicate with us for support
We collect Personal Information that you provide us when you express interest in our Service, communicate with us via email or online forms, subscribe to our newsletters, take part in our online surveys, register for an event with us, or contact us for any support query related to our Service. This may include your name, email, company name, contact number, address, or other information that you chose to provide us.
When you use our Service
Creating your account. If you create an account to use our Service, we may require you to provide your name, email, passwords, contact number and company name. Your login credentials are stored with us to enable access to the Service.
Using your account. When an account on our Service is created, you may feed further information for operating the account (“Your Content”). This may include your designation, profile photos, images, or other similar Personal Information related to any person that you either control or process for a particular purpose. Such information is provided voluntarily, depending on your use of our Service, and is in no way required by us.
When you use our mobile application(s): When you use one of our mobile applications, you may allow our mobile application to have access to your photo library, images, contact information, or device location. Depending on the EZO Product that you use and the service features that you enable, we only collect information that you allow. All such information is transferred into the account and is part of Your Content. We do not use or share any such data for any purpose except to enable you to use the Service. You may change permissions at any time.
Information automatically collected
General Usage Information
Certain information is automatically collected, when you visit our Website, use our Service or access the Service via one of our mobile applications. This includes general information about your usage patterns such as, searches made, pages and content viewed, errors reported, session date and time, and in-app log data when you use one of our mobile applications. All such information is aggregated, and is not used to specifically identify an individual.
Information related to your computer, or similar device is also automatically collected when you visit our Website or access our Service. This may include IP Address, location, browser type, operating system, device identifiers, and pages that you navigate before or after using the Service. When you use one of our mobile applications some of the applications log is automatically collected. Our access to such information depends on the type of device and settings preferences.
Cookies and similar technologies
Personal Information collected from other sources
Through Authentication Services
You can log into our Service using supported authentication service providers such as Google. This will authenticate your identity and give you the option to share certain Personal Information with us such as your name and email address. EZO's use and transfer of information received from Google APIs to any other app will adhere to the Google API Services User Data Policy, including the Limited Use requirements.
Through our Partners
If you are in contact with one of our authorized partners, we may receive your Personal Information including name, email address, and similar contact information. As a prospective Customer, we may use your Personal Information for answering queries and sending the latest information regarding our Service and other products. In case you wish to remove your Personal Information from our databases, please Contact Us.
5. WHY WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
Depending on your activity on our Website, and how you use our Service, we use Personal Information we collect from you for the following purposes:
• Providing the Service. When you use our Service, we use information about you to allow you to access and manage your account, enable integration features with third parties as per your preferred account setting, and to provide support for any defects or errors faced while using the Service. When you use a paid Service, we use your payment information to receive fees and carry out incidental tasks, such as, using payment information for generating invoices, billing, and accounting purposes.
• Communicating with you. When you communicate with us by filling out forms on our Website, we use information to respond to your requests. If you are using our Service, we use your information to address your support requests, send administrative messages related to activities happening in your account, notify you about security alerts, and provide latest updates related to the Service.
• Maintaining security. We use your information to ensure the safety and security of the Service and the Website, as well as to investigate, prevent, or respond to an actual or potential violation of restrictions laid down in our terms of service with you or a security incident. We may also use your information to protect our rights as well as the rights of other users interacting with us.
• Improving our Service. We use your information for improving our Website and Service. We do this by analyzing your interaction with our Website and the Service to determine usage patterns. This helps us track areas of improvement, troubleshoot errors, and develop new features and technologies to serve the needs of our customers.
• Complying with law. We may use your information to comply with legal requirements, respond to government authorities, and protect our legal rights.
• With your consent. We may use your information for any other purpose for which you have consented to. For example, we may publish a customer story related to you, with your permission.
6. HOW WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
• Third-party Service Providers. We share Personal Information with third party service providers that help us maintain, operate and promote the Service. Some examples of tasks that third-party service providers carry out for us include hosting of our Service, processing payments when you make a payment, directing queries and complaints for providing support, advertising, and performing statistical analysis related to the usage of our Website and the Service.
• Integrations that you have enabled. Our Service allows you to integrate with third-party products and services. If a third-party integration has been enabled during the use of our Service, you may be allowing the third party to access your Personal Information. We encourage you to review the privacy practices of such third parties before enabling an integration with them.
• With our Business Partners. When you register for a webinar, an online marketing event, or otherwise provide us consent, we may share your Personal Information with third party business partners to provide you with the requested EZO Product or information about other services requested by you.
• Compliance with laws and legal authorities. We may share and disclose Personal Information in order to: (i) comply with the applicable laws, regulations, court order and subpoenas; or (ii) protect and enforce our or any other person(s) legal rights under the applicable laws or any agreed terms and conditions.
• With Consent. We may share your Personal Information with others where we have your consent.
7. DATA RETENTION
Where we act as Data Controllers, we may retain Personal Information as long as necessary to fulfill the purpose for which it was collected for, such as, if we have a legitimate purpose such as to answer queries, fulfill contractual or accounting needs, provide our Service, or comply with applicable law. Where we no longer have a lawful purpose or a legal obligation, we will delete such Personal Information. If deletion is not possible, we will anonymize or isolate Personal Information from further processing.
8. SECURITY MEASURES
We ensure a variety of technical, administrative, and physical security measures to protect Personal Information. However, no security safeguards can fully secure the privacy of Personal Information. You can review our Security Measures here.
9. INFORMATION ABOUT CHILDREN
The Website or the Service is not targeted towards children below 16. We do not knowingly or intentionally collect Personal Information that relates to children below such age. In case any user believes or has reason to believe that we are doing so, please Contact Us and we will take all necessary steps to delete the information that we hold about children.
10. YOUR RIGHTS AND CHOICES
Your Data Protection Rights
We recognize that depending on the country of your residence, (subject to some limitations) you may have the right to access, update, correct or delete your Personal Information, object or restrict us from processing of Personal Information, or request a copy of your Personal Information. EZO allows you the following choices to exercise your data protection rights:
You can choose not to provide information not marked as mandatory in any online forms linked to our Website or in your user account, such as a photo on your account profile information.
Manage Personal Information through your account
You can access, review, remove and change certain Personal Information by logging into your account. If you are an Authorized User and are unable to perform such actions, please contact your account administrator directly for processing your data subject request. In some cases you may not be able to delete your Personal Information without deleting your user account.
Opt-out of Marketing Communication
We allow all Visitors, Customers and Authorized Users to Opt Out of direct marketing communications by unsubscribing through the link provided in the email. Customers may also Opt Out other Authorized Users from our direct marketing communication by sending us names/email addresses of Authorized Users that they would like to be removed from our marketing lists. If you would like to Opt-Out, or would otherwise change your marketing preferences please send us an email at email@example.com.
Generate a data protection request
You can also Contact Us by sending us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to exercise any of your data protection rights, and we will be happy to assist you in fulfilling your request to the extent required by law.
We do not charge for any data protection requests until the requests become excessive and repetitive.
Your data protection request is expected to contain sufficient information for understanding, evaluating, and responding to the request. We cannot act upon any request that does not provide complete information. We may ask you to provide additional information, if we find your request to be incomplete.
If you are someone who does not have a relationship with us, but your Personal Information has been entered into the Service, you should contact that Authorized User or Customer, if you have any questions related to your Personal Information or you wish to exercise any of your data protection rights. Any data protection requests that we receive in such cases shall be sent to the relevant Customer controlling your Personal Information.
What are Cookies?
Cookie is a small amount of data that is sent to the browser from a website's computer and stored on the computer's hard drive or mobile devices. These often include anonymous unique identifiers, and may contain information that qualifies as Personal Information under data protection laws.
What Cookies do we use?
We use both first party and third-party cookies. First party cookies are served by EZO, whereas third-party cookies are used by our authorized service providers most commonly for analytics and advertisements. Cookies that we use are categorized as follows:
Strictly Necessary Cookies
Strictly Necessary Cookies as apparent from the title are essential cookies required for the basic functionality of the Website or the Service. Without these cookies, our Service or Website may not be able to function properly.
Functional cookies are used for the convenience of our Customers and Authorized Users. They help us store choices and preferences set by users to provide a personalized online user experience. These preferences are remembered so that there is no need to set them again the next time our web pages are visited.
Analytics Cookies are used to track online user behavior including number of visits, content viewed, and the source and destination of the web pages Visitors or users of our Service navigate. We use this information to test web pages and new features, understand the business use of our Service, and make improvements.
Advertisement Cookies and similar technologies
Opting Out of Cookies:
Please note that if you make any changes in the cookie settings, our Service or the Website may not function properly. You can read more about how to manage and delete cookies at https://allaboutcookies.org/.
12. ADDITIONAL INFORMATION FOR RESIDENTS OF EEA, UK AND SWITZERLAND
Additional notice about how we process Personal Information related to residents of EEA, UK and Switzerland.
Data Controller: Unless stated otherwise, EZ Web Enterprises, Inc. acts as the data controller of your Personal Information. The term Personal Information, as used in this section, shall have the same meaning as “Personal Data” as defined by GDPR and the UK GDPR.
The applicable law allows you the following data protection rights:
• Right to access. You have the right to access Personal Information that we store about you.
• Right to delete. You may request us to delete certain Personal Information that we collect from you, subject to some exceptions.
• Right to Object. In some circumstances, you have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Information.
• Right to Rectify. You have the right to update or correct the inaccuracies in Personal Information that we collect from you.
• Right to Data Portability. You may request a copy of some of your Personal Information that we collect in a readable format.
• Right to Restrict Processing. You may request us to restrict the processing of Personal Information under some scenarios.
• Right to raise a Complaint. If you have an unresolved complaint against us, you may complain to the appropriate data protection authority.
• Right to withdraw consent. Where your consent is the basis for us processing your Personal Information, you may withdraw such consent anytime.
• In order to perform our contract with you, such as to provide you with the Service;
• For our legitimate interest to the extent that it does not override your data protection interests. Our legitimate interest includes improving, promoting, and maintaining the security of our Website and Service;
• In order to comply with a legal obligation; or
• With your consent (which can be withdrawn at any time).
International Data Transfers
When we share your Personal Information, your Personal Information may be stored or processed within the EEA, the United States and other countries not deemed to provide an adequate level of Personal Information protection.
Rest assured, whenever we transfer Personal Information out of the EEA, the UK or Switzerland to the United States, or other countries not deemed to provide an adequate level of Personal Information protection, the transfer is based on:
• Standard Contractual Clauses approved by the European Commission or the Information Commissioner's Office; or
• another valid safeguards under the applicable data protection law.
Please Contact Us if you would like further information.
13. ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
Categories of Personal Information We Collect
How we use and disclose your Personal Information
The applicable law may allow you the following data protection rights:
• Right to access. The right to know what Personal Information we collect, use, disclose, or sell about you.
• Right to delete. The right to delete certain Personal Information that we collect from you, subject to some exceptions.
• Right to rectify. The right to update or correct the inaccuracies in Personal Information that we collect from you.