AssetSonar’s RFID IT asset tracking software will drastically speed up equipment processing at your organization.
This blog outlines the process of setting up the TSL 1128 RFID Scanner and using the AssetSonar mobile app to scan RFID tags on your IT assets.
Note: This integration is currently only supported on iOS devices, with Android support to follow soon.
1. Getting started with RFID IT asset tracking
To get things started, go to Settings → Add Ons → Handheld Scanner Integration → RFID Reader, and click ‘Enabled’.
Next, you must add your RFID tag IDs to the system. You can either do this through an Excel import, or by going to any item, clicking Edit, and filling in the ‘Identification Number’ field.
2. Scanning RFID tags
1. Make sure your RFID scanner is turned on.
2. Next, sign in to your AssetSonar App and click the scanning symbol on the top bar, highlighted in yellow in the image below.
3. Choose the TSL RFID Scanner option in the overlay.
4. You’ll now be asked to pair your RFID reader with our App.
You can also do this directly from your phone settings. Remember to enable your Bluetooth! After choosing the RFID reader, you’ll be taken back to the scanning screen.
5. Now, simply scan your labels! The TSL 1128 RFID Reader is a dual reader. This means that it scans both RFID tags and Barcodes. You can long-click the trigger to scan RFID tags, and double-click to scan Barcodes.
All the scanned items will show up on the screen instantly. Below, we’ve scanned three IT assets.
You can deselect an IT asset by tapping on its photo. Alternatively, you can deselect by long-pressing the item details.
If you scan RFID tags that do not exist in your AssetSonar account, the system will list them at the bottom of the screen like this:
3. Taking actions on scanned items
You can now take different actions on your scanned items. Clicking the ‘Play’ icon allows you to check the items in and out, verify possession, make reservations, create service records, and more.
You can also add these items directly to the cart using the Cart icon:
Your items are now added to a Cart.
You can check them out to relevant staff members in a jiffy.
This is it! You’ve successfully scanned your first few RFID tags using the AssetSonar mobile app and a TSL 1128 Scanner.
Here’s what a TSL RFID scanner looks like:
AssetSonar is a powerful IT asset management solution that supports RFID tracking of IT assets for streamlined workflows. It speeds up your inventory checkout processes and improves overall productivity.
We offer a 15-day trial to help you see what we’re all about. Try us out today!