You can use our ITAM software to create Fuzzy Lists for faster and streamlined IT deployment in your organization. Think of these lists as dynamic reference points while reserving or checking out Carts within AssetSonar.
- When should you use a Fuzzy List?
- A note on reservations
- Creating a Fuzzy List
- Populating a Cart using Fuzzy List
- Other actions on Fuzzy List
1. When should you use a Fuzzy List?
A Fuzzy List is great for scenarios where you want to add a broad ‘category’ of items to a Cart. You can draft a list for reference, come back to the Cart, and populate it with specific items from the Fuzzy List as needed. This makes it a great placeholder system while facilitating IT deployment at your organization.
2. A note on reservations
Please note that you cannot reserve or check out an empty Cart in AssetSonar, although an empty Cart with items listed down in a Fuzzy List, can be reserved. This is so that you can come back and add specific items to it later on without needing to change the reservation period.
However, since Fuzzy Lists are for reference only, items in the Fuzzy List are not ‘reserved’ until they’re added to the Cart itself.
3. Creating a Fuzzy List
In order to create a Fuzzy List, go to Settings → Add Ons → Fuzzy List → Enabled.
Next, go to the Cart Details page by clicking the Cart icon highlighted in yellow below:
Click on the ‘Create Fuzzy List’ button under the Recommended Items bar.
This prompts an overlay where you can begin to populate your Fuzzy List. Hit ‘Add Another Item’ to add more item types, and the ‘Delete’ icon to delete them.
As illustrated below, you can fill in four different Item Types:
- Asset: You can add a regular Asset of your preference to the Fuzzy List.
- Asset (Advanced): This allows you to add a fixed number of Devices with specific properties to the list. These can be Assets having the same name, belonging to a certain Group, or having the same BIOS Serial Number.
3. Asset Stock: You can add a fixed quantity of Asset Stock such as Peripherals to the Fuzzy List.
4. Inventory: Similarly, you can add a set number of inventory items to your list such as Batteries.
5. IT Asset: Add a Device for instance a Dell Latitude laptop as shown below.
Once you’re done with the list, click on ‘Add’ to proceed. You view details and quantities of added items from the ‘Show Fuzzy List’ button.
4. Populating a Cart using Fuzzy List
You can now use your Fuzzy List as a reference point for adding items to the Cart. Here, you see us adding the Dell Latitude laptop found on the list.
Remember, the Fuzzy List is for reference only. This means that items are only reserved when you add them to a Cart (as shown below), and click on ‘Reserve Cart’ on the right.
The colored checklist icons next to an item on the Fuzzy List will turn from red to green once they’re added to the Cart. You can see that in the example below, only 1 of the 4 items on the list has been added to the Cart.
This is what a Fuzzy List should look like if all the items in it have been added to the Cart:
5. Other actions on Fuzzy Lists
You can edit or remove your Fuzzy List by clicking the relevant options on the ‘Show Fuzzy List’ button. Editing allows you to add or remove items or quantities on your list, and removing a list will do away with it entirely.
And that’s all you need to know about creating Fuzzy Lists for reference using our IT Asset tracking software!