Mosyle is a leading mobile device management (MDM) platform– specifically designed for educational institutions, school districts, and other organizations that have an Apple-oriented infrastructure. Schools, colleges, universities, and businesses leverage Mosyle to streamline the deployment, management, and security of their Apple devices.
For educational institutions, especially the ones that have implemented or are considering 1:1 device programs, Mosyle provides an efficient way to manage, monitor, and secure student devices. Various other enterprises also use Mosyle to ensure a unified deployment and management strategy for their Apple device fleet.
With this integration, users can effortlessly import details of their Apple devices into AssetSonar, ensuring a unified asset database that is accurate and up-to-date. This integration empowers our customers to seamlessly monitor, manage, and maintain their Apple device inventory, access detailed asset analytics, and enhance device utilization across the organization. It enhances proactive maintenance strategies and improves asset lifecycle management across the organization, to ensure businesses can scale at the pace they want to.
1. Benefits of the Mosyle Integration
AssetSonar integrates with Mosyle to allow organizations to automatically sync devices and populate device information from Mosyle to AssetSonar. This enables users to view data from a centralized platform and helps in more accuracy and efficiency while managing devices remotely. Now, IT professionals won’t have to manually enter Apple device information each time a device is deployed.
Here is how AssetSonar and Mosyle’s integration can bring value to your enterprise and improve your bottom line:
- Enables IT administrators to manage all their IT assets, including mobile devices, from a single platform. This reduces the complexity of using multiple systems and streamlines management tasks.
- Mosyle provides robust security measures for Apple devices. Integrating with AssetSonar ensures that asset data is kept secure and that devices comply with organizational security policies.
- When a device is enrolled, configured, or updated via Mosyle, the changes can automatically reflect in AssetSonar’s records, keeping asset inventories up-to-date without manual intervention.
- By optimizing device usage and eliminating redundant or unnecessary assets, organizations can save costs. The integration helps identify underutilized resources that can be reallocated or retired.
- Mosyle can manage and push updates to devices, while AssetSonar can track these activities, ensuring that all assets are up-to-date and reducing the risk of vulnerabilities due to outdated software.
2. Enabling Mosyle Integration
To enable the integration, follow the pathway: Settings → Integrations → Mobile Device Management & Network Discovery → Mosyle Integration and select ‘Enabled’.
Once enabled, you’ll be able to view an option to add your Mosyle credentials to set up the integration. Click on the option and the following dialog box will appear:
Enter the Access Token, Username, and Password and hit ‘Add’. Now click on Update to finish creating the integration.
Once your integration is enabled, you’ll be ready to pull up your iOS and MacOS data from Mosyle.
3. Syncing devices with Mosyle
To import your Mosyle data to AssetSonar, click on the ‘Sync Now’ button that appears after an integration is enabled. You can also set up automated syncs between Mosyle and AssetSonar by clicking on ‘Schedule sync every 24 hours’ option.
If you have discovered devices in Mosyle sync that were previously retired in AssetSonar, you can allow the application to make those devices available again. Check the option for ‘Make Retired Devices Available if Discovered Again’ to enable this option.
4. Viewing asset information
From the asset listing page, you’ll be able to view all the devices that have been imported from Mosyle to AssetSonar. To get a list of these devices, click on the filter button on the asset listing page, and choose the ‘Last Sync Source’ filter.
A new dialog box will appear with a list of all AssetSonar’s integrations as shown below:
Choose Mosyle as the ‘Last Sync Source’ and apply the filter.
Now you’ll be able to view the list of assets imported from Mosyle.
Click on any asset to open its detail page. You’ll be able to view its discovery source as Mosyle.
You can also view when the data was last updated.
Last sync date: The date when the device’s data was last updated on Mosyle
Last Mosyle sync date: The date when device’s data was last fetched from Mosyle to AssetSonar
You can also view this information by scrolling down to the Connected Sources table.