IT Admins often need to provide equipment for a recurring event — one that may take place on a weekly or monthly basis. For example, a regularly scheduled company conference might require you to check out a certain number of laptops and accompanying peripherals to your team members.
Making the same reservation repeatedly is time-consuming and prone to mismanagement — an essential item may be unavailable at the last minute. AssetSonar can simplify this task for you. You can easily create recurring reservations to ensure the required equipment is always available for events that occur on a regular cycle.
Here’s how to get started:
- Enable the Add On
- Creating a recurring reservation
- Canceling a recurring reservation
3.1 From the Reservations module
3.2 From the Item’s Reservation tab
- Recurring Reservations with Arbitration
1. Enable the Add On
Start by going to Settings → Add Ons → Recurring Reservations.
Enable the feature and select whether you’d like to allow Staff Users to create recurring reservations.
2. Create a recurring reservation
To create a new reservation, go to an Item Details Page and click “Reserve.”
When you click on the Reserve button, an overlay will appear where you can add the details of your reservation. This is where you can check the option of ‘Make this a recurring reservation.’
Once you select the checkbox, a new set of options will appear.
You will be able to choose how the reservation should repeat. Should it be by Days, Weeks, Months, or Days of the Week?
The Days of the Week option lets you set a specific day for the reservation. For example, you can choose to reserve an Item(s) every Tuesday during a reservation period.
Note: If you opt for the Days of the Week option, please note that a single reservation cannot be longer than 24 hours.
Next, specify a Repeat Till Date.
Concurrently, you can view the Availability Calendar for this item with the existing Reservations highlighted in blue to help you plan conflict-free reservations.
Once you’re ready, click ‘Reserve’ to create the recurring reservation.
Note: A single recurring reservation cannot have more than 120 instances. The limit helps AssetSonar regulate application speed so your asset tracking remains seamless.
3. Canceling a recurring reservation
There are two ways to cancel your recurring reservation.
3.1. From the Reservations module
1. Go to the Notification Bell at the top right corner and click on ‘ Pending Reservations’.
2. Next, click on the Recurrences Tab.
3. To view details for a particular recurrence, click on its Recurrence ID and it will open up a new page. Here you can click the ‘Stop Recurrence’ button highlighted below to stop this recurrence and all future instances of it.
3.2. From an Item’s Reservation Tab
To cancel a reservation for a specific item:
- Go to the Item Details page, and click on the Reservations tab. This will show you the recurring reservations for this particular Items. Click on the horizontal ellipses to open up an overlay from where you can cancel.
4. Recurring Reservations with Arbitration
Recurring reservation requests from Staff User will require approval from an Admin. Once approved, all recurring reservation will be created.
Learn more: Item Reservation in AssetSonar