The founder and CEO of EZO, Syed Ali, contributed an article to Education IT Reporter highlighting the need for K-12 schools to digitally transform their IT asset management processes. Ali emphasized that this would significantly reduce the cost, time, and effort required to assign, track, and recover assets.
How should they do that?
Ali highlights the need for K-12 schools to invest in an IT asset management (ITAM) solution to centralize their data digitally and effectively track hardware and software.
In the article, Ali says:
“As technology continues to revolutionize education, K-12 schools must harness the power of IT Asset Management to optimize their digital resources. By implementing a comprehensive ITAM solution tailored to the needs of educational institutions, schools can unlock cost efficiencies, enhance learning experiences, ensure data security, and streamline operations. And, most importantly, schools and their IT staff can keep track of all those Chromebooks and other devices so there is no need to put out an All Points Bulletin (APB) on missing devices every year.”
The article mentioned how many school districts, including the Chicago Public School District, suffered without an automated IT management process in place during the pandemic. The Chicago Public School District reported losing 8% of IT assets.
Furthermore, Chicago Public Schools and other school districts are still relying on Excel spreadsheets to manually conduct their IT asset management processes–significantly resulting in inaccuracies and inconsistencies.
Stressing the need for an ITAM system, the article summarizes the benefits that it can provide:
- Helps in tracking and cataloging hardware and software to effectively utilize the limited funds schools have
- Enhances the student learning experience as schools can make informed decisions in budgeting for emerging tech
- Frees up staff time significantly by automating software discovery, managing software licenses and warranties
- Is digitally scalable and expandable, catering to a single school or even multiple schools in a district
- Can be customized to meet the specific needs and requirements of your K-12 school
AssetSonar is a powerful ITAM solution used by tech organizations and businesses all over the globe. Sign up today for a free 15-day trial.
For more assistance, drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.