1) When Would I Use a Fuzzy List?
2) Creating a Fuzzy List
3) Populating an Order Using Your Fuzzy List
4) Fuzzy Lists and Order Assignments
5) Other Actions on Fuzzy Lists
When Would I Use a Fuzzy List?
A Fuzzy List is great for scenarios where you want to add a broad ‘category’ of items to an order – say a camera from the DSLR group – but don’t want to worry too much about which specific DSLR it is. You can draw up a list for reference, and have yourself or another user come back to the order and populate it with specific items as needed. This makes it a great placeholder system when booking and renting out items.
Creating a Fuzzy List
1) To start, Go to Settings → Add Ons → Fuzzy List → Enabled.
2) Next, create an order from Orders → Add Order → Choose a Customer → Create New Order. You can also go to any Drafted Order you’ve previously drawn up.
3) Now, click ‘Create Fuzzy List’ next to the Add Items search bar.
4) This will prompt an overlay where you can begin to populate your Fuzzy List. Click ‘Add Another Item’ to add more item types, and the ‘Delete’ icon to delete them. As shown below, you can fill in 4 different Item Types:
i) Asset: You can add the specific item you want for this Fuzzy List. For example, Asset #7, which is a Hydraulic Site Dumper:
ii) Asset (Advanced): This allows you to add a fixed number of assets with specific properties to the list. These can be assets having the same name, belonging to a certain group, or having the same model number.
iii) Asset Stock: You can add a fixed quantity of an asset stock to the Fuzzy List.
iv) Inventory: Similarly, you can add a set number of an inventory item to your list.
5) When you’re done with the list, click ‘Add’ to get things going. Your Fuzzy List will now pop up on the Order detail page, as shown below. It lists down the items and quantities, and all you have to do is look them up from the Add Items search bar at a later date.
Each order can only have a single Fuzzy List. You can toggle visibility for this by clicking the button “Show Fuzzy List”.
Populating an Order Using Your Fuzzy List
You can now use your Fuzzy List as a reference point for adding items to an order. Go to the paragraph on Order Assignments to learn more about how another user can populate an order using the Fuzzy List you’ve drawn up.
In the example below, we’re using the Fuzzy List generated earlier to add items to our Order:
The colored checklist icons next to an item on the Fuzzy List will turn from red to green once those items are added to the order. You can see that in the image above that the required quantity of paint rollers hasn’t been added to the order. This is why the checklist icon is still red. Adding more paint rollers will turn it green, signalling that all the items on the Fuzzy List have been successfully added to the order.
This is what a Fuzzy List should look like if all the items in it have been added to the order:
Fuzzy Lists and Order Assignments
You can work on your own orders by creating a Fuzzy List and visiting them at a later date. You can also assign the order to another user, and have them pull up the order later to furnish it with specific items:
This can be a great way to attach placeholder items to an order, and have another employee fill the order when there’s a need for it.
Other Actions on Fuzzy Lists
You can edit your Fuzzy List by clicking the option highlighted in yellow below. Editing allows you to add or remove items or quantities on your list.
You can remove your Fuzzy List by clicking the option highlighted in yellow below. Removing a list will delete it entirely.
And that’s all you need to know about creating Fuzzy Lists for reference using our equipment rental software!
Have feedback for our equipment rental software?
EZRentOut is the leading online rental software used by a diverse set of rental businesses worldwide.
For more assistance, drop us an email at email@example.com. You can also share your ideas on our Community Forum regarding our rental software.
Visit: Knowledge Base | Blog | FAQ
Follow/Join us: Twitter | Facebook
Rental Rules and Coupons in EZRentOut
Use Custom Fields to Track Items and Orders
Organizing Items by Groups in EZRentOut
Scheduling Custom Reports with Online Rental Software