When running the EZRentOut Sync application, some EZRentOut Orders might not sync to QuickBooks Desktop because of an “Invalid Reference” error. This happens because the associated EZRentOut Customers or items do not exist in QuickBooks.
- Identify Orders that were unable to sync by inspecting the Error Report. The Error Message column will help you discern whether the problem is associated with the Customer or the item.
- Use this key to head to the relevant Customer or Item Details Page in EZRentOut.
- Update the details page by making a small change to the description. We recommend adding in a blank space to the end of the Customer/item description and saving the change.
- Repeat step 3 for the relevant Order.
- Try the sync again from the EZRentOut Sync application by clicking on ‘Sync Now’.