AssetSonar takes care of all your business’s electronic signature needs by supporting Topaz’s signature pad. Along with increased security and faster business processes, the Topaz signature pad makes the authentication process quick and easy for your users.
Following is a checklist for all the things you need in order to set up electronic signatures using Topaz on AssetSonar:
- Topaz Signature Pad Model T-S460-HSB-R
- Topaz SigPlusExtLite Installation File
- Chrome Browser (currently not compatible with any other browser)
- Topaz SigPlusExtLite Chrome Extension
- Advanced or above EZOfficeInventory features plan.
Note: AssetSonar currently doesn’t support Topaz integration for Mac OS Users. We recommend Mac users use one of these signature pads instead.
- Setting up the Topaz Signature Pad
- Enabling Topaz Signature Pad on AssetSonar
- Capturing electronic signature for Checkout
- Signature Alerts
1. Setting up the Topaz Signature Pad
Before you enable Topaz Signature Pad with AssetSonar, you will need to install additional support files for seamless hardware integration.
Follow these steps to successfully set up your signature pad:
- Add Chrome Extension: Add the Topaz SigPlusExtLite Chrome Extension from the Chrome Web Store. Hit ‘Add to Chrome’ to install the extension.
- Download Executable File: Now download the SigPlusExt application to your device.
- Install the application: After downloading the application, run the .exe file to start it. When instructed, set ‘T-S’ as the Tablet Model Group.
- Connect the pad: You can now connect your Topaz pad to your laptop USB port.
2. Enabling Topaz Signature Pad on AssetSonar
After successfully setting up the Signature Pad with your laptop, enable the Topaz add-on in your AssetSonar account.
- To enable Topaz, you will need to enable the ‘Capture Signatures’ Add On beforehand. Go to Settings → Add Ons → Capture Signatures. Hit ‘Enabled’ and then check on all the actions you want to set up signatures for. You can also check on the ‘Enforced’ option for making signatures mandatory for the checked action. You can also add the text you want to be displayed with the prompt.
2. Once you have updated this setting, you can enable the Topaz add-on. Go to Settings → Add Ons → Enable Topaz Signature Pad Integration.
Now you can capture signatures for the enabled actions. Every signature would automatically be uploaded to the ‘Documents and Images’ folder of the relevant item.
3. Capturing electronic signature for checkout
Although the electronic signatures would work for all chosen actions, let’s go through the ‘checkout signatures’ workflow as an example.
- Go to the Item Details page and hit the ‘Checkout’ button on the top right of the page.
2. A pop-up will appear on your screen. Enter the relevant details and scroll down to the ‘Draw your signature’ section. Click on ‘Draw’.
3. A new dialog box will open up. The signature you capture on your Topaz Pad will appear on the screen in that dialog box.
4. Once you have captured the signature, you would be able to check out the desired item.
Note: If you do not have your Topaz Signature Pad on you, you can check the ‘Capture signature using your trackpad or mouse’ option and draw your signature using your mouse or trackpad.
4. Signature Alerts
There are a couple of alerts you should know of while signing. These are prompts that may appear during different steps of the workflow. Following is a brief description of each alert and the scenarios where they might appear.
Alert 1: Clicking on Draw multiple times
If you click on the ‘Draw’ button repeatedly, you would see the following alert:
SigCapture failed to start, another instance already running.
The Topaz pad may take a while to open once clicked on. Do not click on ‘Draw’ several times as more than one instance cannot run simultaneously.
Alert 2: Clicking on an empty drawing space
If you click on the drawing space, the following alert will appear:
Please click draw button to capture signature using topaz signature pad.
If you have opted for signing on the Topaz Signature Pad, you wouldn’t be able to draw on the drawing space. If you want to capture your signature through Topaz Pad, click on the ‘Draw’ option. Check the ‘Capture signature using your trackpad or mouse’ option if you want to draw on the drawing space.
Alert 3: Clicking on the drawing space after the signature has been captured
If you click on the drawing space after the signature has been captured, this will also elicit an alert with the following message:
Please click Draw to capture the signature again using topaz signature pad
Read more: Capturing E-Signatures in AssetSonar